500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Rishikesh (Complete Ashtanga Yoga TTC)
Parmath Ganga Arti
Kunjapuri Sunrise Temple Darshan
Vashistha's Cave Visit (Gufa)
Beatles Ashram Visit
Trekking To Local Temples
Daily Yoga Classes
Overview - 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Rishikesh (Complete Ashtanga Yoga TTC)
This residential & affordable 500 Hour Yoga TTC Rishikesh is for those more advanced practitioners who wish to challenge themselves, evolve their practice, advance their training, and to immerse into a deep study of the ancient science of Ashtanga Yoga.
Have any question?
No money will be charged, feel free to enquire.
This rigorous training course includes the study and practice of Asana (both Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary and Intermediate Series), Pranayama, Meditation, Kriyas, and Alignment and Adjustment Workshop. The Tattvaa Yoga 500 Hour TTC will enliven your body and enlighten your mind and spirit with the knowledge and experience of yoga. The first 200 hours of the course are dedicated to the study of the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series.
All accommodation during the time of the course is provided by yoga school and is included in your course fees. Students live together at the Jivan Building residence in Ram Jhula, Swarg Ashram area. We have various locations for practice space and where classes are held. These include our Shala space in Jivan Building, our Shala space next door, and at our Yoga Shala on the banks of the Ganges. Students will be a five minutes walk from all their classes through the lively streets of Rishikesh villages.
During the yoga teacher training course all students are provided single room accommodation with attached bath at Jivan Building or nearby places with similar facilities. The rooms include two twin beds, one full bathroom with hot water and shower facilities, and a balcony. Bedding is provided and towels are available upon request.
Laundry facilities are not included but students are able to wash their own clothes and laundry services can be arranged and inquired about at reception. Wifi is available! Students are ensured a comfortable space in their rooms to relax and rest during the course, but will be spending most of their time in the shala! The rooftop and shala have a 360 degree view of the Himalayas and Ganges and provide a beautiful space for students enjoy.
Daily two full meals and one snack with tea is included in your course fees. The food yoga school provides is all delicious homemade traditional Indian food, prepared fresh daily in our kitchen. All the ingredients are high quality and are sourced locally and fresh from the markets.
Brunch begins around 10:30 am and includes fresh local fruits, like papaya, mango, pineapple, apple, and lots of bananas. Brunch also offers porridge, homemade bread and toast, homemade nuts butters, muesli, yogurt, fresh honey ginger lemon tea, and more.
Dinner begins around 6:30pm and offers a wide array of Indian options with the occasional Western touch for a taste of home. Our dinner menu always changes to keep it interesting, but often includes favourites like lentils, dal, chickpeas, chapati and naan bread, a vegetable dish, tofu, salad, soup, rice, and a tasty dessert.
In order for you to have the full yogic experience all of our meals are designed to keep the body light but strong and nourished during your training. Please let us know if you are dairy free so we can ensure a vegan option for each dish.
On your day off there are many local cafes, shops and restaurants to enjoy. Traditional masala chai tea and herbal teas are available everywhere.
Primary Series Asanas
- Surya Namaskara A
- Surya Namaskara B
- Utthita Trikonasana
- Parivritta Trikonasana
- Utthita Parsvakonasana
- Parivritta Parsvakonasana
- Prasarita Padottanasana A, B, C, D
- Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana A, B, C, D
- Arddha Baddha Padmottanasana
- Paschimottanasana A, B, C
- Ardha Baddha Padma Paschimottanasana
- Tirianga Mukhaikapada Paschimottanasana
- Janu Sirsasana A, B, C
- Marichyasana A, B, C, D
- Supta Kurmasana
- Garbha Pindasana
- Baddha Konasana A, B
- Upavista Konasana A, B/span>
- Supta Padangusthasana A, B, C
- Ubhaiya Padangusthasana
- Urdhva Mukha Paschimottanasana
- Setu Bandhasana
- Urdhva Dhanurasana
- Salamba Sarvangasana
- Urdhva Padmasana
- Uttana Padasana
- Sirsasana A, B
- Baddha Padmasana
Pranayamas and Breathing Techniques
- Chandra Bhedan
- Nadi Shodhana
- Yogic Breathing
- Anuloma Viloma
- Surya Bhedan
- Spinal Breathing
- Theory and Philosophy
- History and tradition of Yoga
- Karma Yoga
- Tantra Yoga
- Pancha Pranas
Introduction to Six Indian Philosophies
- What is yoga? Yoga chitta vritti Nirodha Yoga Sutras 1.2
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Consistent practice and Detachment (Abhayasa and Vairagya)
- Relevance of Omkara in Yoga System
- Foundations of Yoga
- Introduction to Indian Philosophy and Tradition
- Stress and its Yogic Management
- Schools of Yoga
- Bhakti Yoga
- Mantra Yoga
- Koshas and Shariras
- Conceptual understanding of Samadhipada
- Vrittis (mental fluctuations) and their classification
- Goal of Hatha Yoga
- Factors that accelerate yoga sadhana
- Obstacles and distractions on the path of yoga (concepts of citta viksepa and antaraya)
- Traditional Texts
- Therapeutic Basis of Yoga
- Yoga and Psychology
- Patanjali Ashtanga Yoga
- Janana Yoga
- Concept of Prana
- Introduction to Bhagavad Gita
- Discipline of yoga
- Vedanta Philosophy
- Concept of the Divine and Surrender to the Divine in yoga (concept of Isvara and Isvarapranidhana)
- Concept of methods of bringing the mind to a blissful state (chitta prasadhana)
- Human Biology and application of Yoga practices
- Yoga therapy for Common Diseases
- Samkhya Philosophy
- The Yoga Mala - Sri K. Pattahbi Jois
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali - Swami Venkatesananda, Motilal publications
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha (APMB) Yoga Darshan - Swami Niranjanananda Ji The Heart of Yoga, T.K.V. Desikachar
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- The Science of Breath- Dr. M.L. Ghorole
- Perennial Psychology of the Bhagavad Gita
The following are included in the course fees:
- Single room accommodation
- Two full meals per day
- A daily snack with tea.
What’s Not Included
- Personal Expenses
How to Get There
Rishikesh is well-connected to all the major cities. Jolly International Airport at Dehradun (DED) is only 15 km from Rishikesh. You can reach directly from your place of Departure to Jolly International Airport, or you can come via Indra Gandhi International Airport in Delhi (DEL).
The pickup from both Indra Gandhi airport and Jolly Grant Airport are available for extra charges.
From Indra Gandhi International Airport (DEL) approx. 7 Hours Drive
Small Car: about INR 4,500 (Suitable for 2 people)*
Big Car: about INR 7,000 (Suitable for 3-5 people)*
From Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun (DED) approx. 45 mins Drive
Small Car: about INR 1,000 (Suitable for 2 people)*
Big Car: about INR 1,800 (Suitable for 3-5 people)*
You can hire a taxi from the Indra Gandhi International Airport in Delhi to arrive at Rishikesh. If you want any assistance, please feel free to contact us.
You can also have a fun-filled ride on the train from Delhi to Haridwar. Get off at Haridwar station as it is just about 25 kilometres from Rishikesh. It is linked and quite connected to all the cities of India. From Haridwar, you can hire a taxi to Rishikesh
Pickup is also available from Haridwar Railway Station approx. 1 hour Drive
Small Car: INR 1,000 (Suitable for 2 people)*
Big Car: INR 1,800 (Suitable for 3-5 people)*
*Taxi Rates are subject to changes without prior notice
The reservation requires a payment of 20% of the total price.
- If the booking is cancelled one month (31 Days) prior to the start of the retreat/course you will get 90% refund of the booking amount.
- If the booking is cancelled 30 to 15 Days prior to the start of retreat/course, you will get 50% refund of the booking amount.
- No refund will be given if the retreat/course booking is cancelled less than 15 days prior to the start of the course. Although we can adjust the 50% of your paid amount to any other retreat/course you book with us in future.
The remaining amount shall be paid on arrival to the course/retreat location.
Teachers & Staff