200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh (Fusion Course)
Parmath Ganga Arti
Beatles Ashram Visit
Trekking To Local Temples
Overview - 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh (Fusion Course)
The 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India aims to provide a complete knowledge of yoga teacher training to newcomers as well as mid-level learners (who are already accustomed to the basics of yoga arts and science for better insight), and help them improve their confidence and yoga practice.
Different institutes offer different packages and it is important to check everything carefully so that your money, time and energy are not wasted. Our course is uniquely designed with the objective to cater the specific needs of the learners. For the newcomers, many yoga retreats are available, and the curriculum gives an insight into all the basics of yoga philosophy and performances.
Have any question?
No money will be charged, feel free to enquire.
The ashram is located next to the famous Lakshman Jhula (also known as the hanging bridge) and the holy river Ganges. The ashram provides a beautiful location to learn and practice yoga in peace as it is situated in the foothills of the great Himalayas. Shops, cafes, restaurants, ATM and organic stores are located close to the ashram.
Both single and double rooms are available according to the student’s needs. All the rooms are neat and clean and have attached bathrooms with western toilets and hot shower. The rooms also have an attached balcony with a breathtaking view of Himalayan mountains. Bedsheets, pillows, bath towels, toilet paper, blankets, and welcome amenities are provided to the students. WiFi is available on every floor and water and laundry services are also available.
The ashram also offers budget accommodations. These rooms are separate from the main building and don't have a balcony or mountain view. All of the other facilities are also available with these rooms.
This 200 hour yoga teacher training course covers all the aspects of yoga philosophy, anatomy, postures and history of yoga. This yoga course is equivalent of 10 to 12 weeks of yoga practice and learning and during this period you will learn the ancient wisdom of yoga along with other aspirants. The 200 hour yoga teacher training program is registered with Yoga Alliance USA and aims to provide a traditional style of yoga, comprehensive and genuine knowledge of philosophy, yogic life, asana-pranayama, anatomy, meditation-breathing techniques, mantra-chanting, spiritual life and much more.
The course is designed with the objective of catering the specific needs of the learners and is highly recommended for both new and mid-level learners. The course is taught by learned and enthusiastic yoga teachers who have been practising yoga since childhood and have many years of experience in teaching yoga.
- Become eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as RYT(Registered Yoga Teacher)
- Able to teach Hatha, Asthanga & Vinyasa yoga.
- Able to run and manage a yoga studio
- Become more spiritual
Mantra chanting is an effective way to align your vibrations and awareness with the aspects of the self and infinite. It is great for improving concentration, attention, focus and acts an effective method to release emotions.
- Om chanting
- MahaMrityunjaya Mantra
- Gayatri Mantra
- Guru Vandana (prayer to Guru)
- Prayer before class & Meal.
Pranayama is generally defined as breath control. Although this interpretation may seem correct in view of the practises involved, it does not convey the full meaning of the term. The word pranayama is comprised of two roots: ‘Prana’ plus ‘Ayama’. Prana means vital energy or life force.
- Introduction of Pranayama
- Benefits of pranayama
- Explain the pranic body
- Prana and lifestyle
- Breath, health & Pranayama
- Pranayama and the spiritual aspirants
Practical & Theory
- Nadishodhana Pranayama
- Sheetali pranayama
- Sheetkari Pranayama
- Bramari Pranayama
- Ujjayi Pranayama
- Bhastrika Pranayama
- Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Surya Bheda Pranayama
- Jnana Mudra
- Chin Mudra
- Yoni Mudra
- Bhairava Mudra
- Hridya Mudra
- Shambhavi Mudra
- Khechari Mudra
- Kaki Mudra
- Bhoochari Mudra
- Akashi Mudra
Bandha (Energy Lock)
First definition of the bandha is that by restraining or locking the muscle on a Physical level.
- Preparation for Bandha
- Benefits of Bandha
Ashtanga yoga is a way of internal purification for revealing the universal self, which consists of eight spiritual practices which sync the movements of the body with the breath and mind.
- Hasta Padangusthasana & Pada Hastasana
- Utthita Tri Konasana
- Parivrtta Tri Konasana
- Utthitan Parsva Konasana
- Parivrtta Parsva Konasana
- Prasarita Padottanasana A, B, C & D
- Utthita Parsvottanasana
- Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana
- Utthita Parsvasahita
- Utthita Eka Padasana
- Ardhabaddha Padmottanasana
- Ardhabaddha Padmottanasana
- Virabhadrasana A,B and C.
- Paschimottanasana A, B and C
- ArdhaBaddha Padma Paschimottanasana
- Tirieng Mukha Eka Pada Paschimottanasana
- JanuSirsasana A,B and C
- Marichyasana A,B and D
- BaddhaKonasana A & B
- Konasana A & B
- Salabhasana A & B
- Kapotasana A & B
- Bakasana B Jump
- Yoga Nidrasana
- Gomukhasana A & B
- Gomukhasana A & B
Advanced Asanas (Optional)
- UrdhvaKukkatasana A
- Raja Kapotasana
Hatha yoga is considerd to be one of the best forms of exercises all around the world and helps with weight loss, improving health and overall condition of the body. It is adviced to practice hatha yoga under the guidance of expertes as it is considerd to be one of the difficult part of learning yoga.
- Joints Moments.
- Surya namaskara ( sun Salutation) & Chandra Namaskara (moon salutation)
- Yoga Mudrasana
- Gupta Padmasana
Backward bending Asanas
- SaralBhujangasana (Easy cobra Pose)
- Bhujangasana (cobra Pose)
- TiryakaBhujangasana (twisting cobra pose)
- Sarpasana (snake pose)
- ArdhaShalabhasana ( half locust pose)
- Shalabhasana (locust pose)
- SaralDhanurasana (easy bow pose)
- Kandharasana (shoulder pose)
- ArdhaChandrasana (half moon pose)
- Setu Asana (bridge pose)
- Gomukhasana (cow’s face pose)
Forward bending Asanas
- Paschimottanasana (back stretching pose)
- GatyatmakPaschimottanasasna (dynamic back stretch pose)
- PadaPrasarPaschimottanasana (legs spread back stretch pose)
- JanuSirshasana (head to knee pose)
- Ardha Padma paschimottanasana (half lotus back stretching pose)
- Hasta PadaAngushthasana (finger to toe stretch)
- Padahastasana (hand to foot pose)
- SirshaAngusthaYogasana (head to toe pose)
- Utthitajanusirshasana (standing head between knees pose)
Spinal twisting Asanas
- ArdhaMatsyendrasana (half spinal twist)
- ParivrittiJanuSirsasana (spiralled head to knee pose)
- Poornabhujangasana (full cobra pose)
- Kurmasana (tortoise pose)
- Poornashalabhasana (Full locust pose)
- PoornaDhanurasana (full bow pose)
- Dhanu-rakarshan-asana (archer’s posed)
- Chakrasana (wheel pose)
- Hanumanasana (leg splitting pose)
- Poornamatsyendrasana (full spinal twist pose)
- Mayurasana (peacock pose)
- Padma mayurasana (Lotus or bound peacock pose)
- Gorakshasana (Yogi Gorakhnath’s pose)
- Astavakrasana (eight-twists pose)
- Vrischikasana (scorpion pose)
- Inverted pose, balancing pose and core pose.
Shatkarma (Internal Cleansing)
Shatkarma is a Sanskrit word which is made by 2 different words which is Shat plus Karma and also known as Shaktkriya. This is a traditional Yogic cleansing technique which is very effective and good to remove many illnesses and open the body blockages.
- Agni Saar
- Tirieng Mukha Eka Pada Paschimottanasana
- Sutra Neti
- Candle Meditation
- Mantra chanting meditation
- Breathing meditation
- Silence practise meditation
The basic structure and function of the organs and system is very important for the practitioners so that their work as a yoga teacher can be more enhanced. Knowing the different types of joints and their range of motions helps our students to be safe from injuries and also keep safe their students after they start teaching as a teacher.
- Types of bones
- Circulatory system
- Types of heart block
- Skeletal system
- Introduction of Yoga
- Yoga Pantanjali sutra
- 5 basic Element
- Injuries & rest
- Integrating yoga in daily practice
- Principle of Yoga
- 8 limbs of Yoga
- Yoga therapy
- Yoga for stress, Migraine and Insomnia
- Yoga for Hypertension
- Yoga for a heart problem, Blood pressure and Diabetic.
- Three Dosha
- The Nadi and kundalini.
- Basic knowledge of Chakra and Ayurveda
- Yogic diet
- Difference between Satvic & Tamasic food.
- Group discussion
- Clear doubt
The teaching methodology is one of the most important parts of the course as our students will learn the following:
- How to conduct a class
- Classroom management
- How to get in and come out from the posture
- How to assist & help while teaching the class
- Which kind of words you should be used as a yoga teacher
- What makes you different than other teachers in terms of teaching.
- Which kind of asanas you should recommend with a different health issue
- How to use belts, bolster, bricks and chair during the class adjustment.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Daily Schedule:
- 05:00 Wake up
- 05:30 Morning tea
- 06:00 Pranayama, meditation, mantra chanting and Shak-karma
- 07:30 Hatha yoga
- 09:15 Breakfast
- 10:00 Yoga philosophy
- 11:15 Teaching methodology, adjustment & alignment
- 12:15 Lunch
- 14:15 Ashtanga yoga
- 16:00 Anatomy
- 17:20 Group discussion, silent meditation or self-study
- 19:00 Dinner
The following excursions are included:
- Famous Parthmarth Niketan Aarti
- Himalayan tour
- Local market tour in Rishikesh
- Waterfall trekking
- Sightseeing of the famous ghats (riversides)
Daily freshly made vegetarian meals are included in the price. The food is fully prepared hygienically and the vegetable is organic.
All meals are prepared hygienically by our expert chefs and the vegetables used are organically grown. Only vegetarian meals are served and are included in the fees. During the stay, all the students are expected to be on a sattvic diet which helps to keep the body fit and calm the mind.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
- Raw food
- Lactose Free
- Other dietary requirements on request
If you have special dietary requirements it's a good idea to communicate it to the organiser when making a reservation.
Things to do
Following is the list of activities you can do while you stay at the ashram
- Do a nutrition and lifestyle medical screening with the resident medical adviser
- Go hiking in the mountains and local valleys
- Go horse riding with local trained horses
- Go skiing in the winter, they can assist with the transportation to the nearest skiing slope 30 minutes away
- Make your own mandala paintings, dreamcatcher, and art
- Visit the Dracula's Castle located nearby in Bran
What is included
The 200 hour yoga teacher training course fees include the following
- Pickup from the airport
- 28 nights shared Accommodation
- 3 x Daily Yogic meal, detox juices, and teas
- Every Weekend excursions (one of the old & traditional KunjaPuri Temple in the Himalayas, famous Vasist cave in Rishikesh, Aarti at parmarth Niketan, cooking class)
- yoga material ( Yoga mat, books, notebook, pen, Pencil & body cleansing kit, etc)
- 1 x 60-minute ayurvedic massage or Swedish massage.
- Morning Himalayas tour and Rishikesh market or local tour in the city.
What is not included
- Personal Expenses
- Drop off from school to airport
How to get there
Please book your flight to arrive at Indra Gandhi International Airport (DED), from there you can take a flight to Jolly Grant Airport (DED). Upon your arrival, the school will provide a taxi for free pickup from the airport and drop off at the school at Lakshman Jhula.
From Indra Gandhi International Airport (DED), you will have to take a taxi to ISBT (Inter State Bus Terminal). From there you can find many governments and private buses to Rishikesh. Once you reach the Rishikesh Bus Station the school’s taxi will pick you up from there and drop you at the school free of charge.
The nearest railway station is Haridwar railway station. From there you can find many cabs and buses to Rishikesh. If you want any help with the pickup from Haridwar you can contact the school and let them know.
The reservation requires a payment of 20% of the total price.
- If the booking is cancelled one month (31 Days) prior to the start of the retreat/course you will get 90% refund of the booking amount.
- If the booking is cancelled 30 to 15 Days prior to the start of retreat/course, you will get 50% refund of the booking amount.
- No refund will be given if the retreat/course booking is cancelled less than 15 days prior to the start of the course. Although we can adjust the 50% of your paid amount to any other retreat/course you book with us in future.
The remaining amount shall be paid on arrival to the course/retreat location.