Why read this article ?
Yoga for better sex? - Yes, but you can get more benefits from the discussed poses. Our lifestyle and workstations make us more lazy physically and make better mentally. Now a days we have good source of information which helps us to take better decisions but we hardly try them. The yoga poses we have discussed here will defiantly help you to gain better performance on bed and better health.
Did you know these health benefits of Yoga?
Many of us are familiar with at least some of the amazing benefits of yoga but perhaps a lesser known benefit is how yoga can actually activate your sexual energy and increase your sex drive. There are many poses in yoga that help to increase circulation that nourish the body systems through bringing oxygenated blood flow to them, they also target specifically the pelvic region, strengthening and stretching the pelvic floor and many poses that help to unlock and activate the first and second chakras which are key to our sexual energy.
Here we have listed 7 yoga poses to activate your sexual energy and improving your sex life.
- Happy Baby Pose (Ananda Balasana)
- Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
- Eagle Pose (Garudasana)
- Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
- Upward Facing Bow / Wheel Pose (Urdhva Dhanurasana)
- Cat Pose (Marjaryasana) and Cow Pose (Bitilasana)
- Boat pose. (Naukasana)
Happy Baby Pose (Ananda Balasana)
This is a relaxing pose that people really laugh and enjoy. It's a great hip opener pose, provides massage to the spine and increases your libido. It makes your body prepared for missionary positions, improves alignment, making penetration easier. Women with pregnancy and menstruation should avoid this pose.
First of all stretch you body for a while and lie on your back with your knees bend. Now draw your knees into your chest and take a hold of the outsides of your feet with your hands. As you release deep inside your hip sockets, feel your sacrum, lower back spread on the ground.
Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
This asana is a backward bend chest opening pose. By practicing this asana the spine, lower back, glutes and pelvic region gets affected positively. This asana is very good for people with asthma and it removes fatigue from inside the body. Cobra pose opens up your lower back, energize sexual centers within your body, strengthens the core of your body providing more control over your pelvis.
How to perform ?
- you need to lie down on your abdomen, keep feet together and hands by the side of your body.
- Keep your forehead on the ground and shoulders relaxed. Then bring your chin forward and bring both hands by the side of your chest.
- Now when you bring the palm by the side of your chest, your thumbs should be aligned with your nipple line. Don't bring palms too much forward or the shoulder will drop.
- Also nicely stretch your legs so that the pelvic region can come nicely down on the floor and the lower back can get lengthen so that there is less compression on the lower back.
- After that start lifting up from the chin. Lift your chin up, your throat up and then as you go up you don't use your hands to come up. You let the palms have the minimum weight. Important point to remember is don't let the chin go too high because then there will be a lot of compression in the neck and we don't want that.
- What is more important in this asana is to open the chest and shoulder region so that there is a nice stretch in the spine and we can increase our breathing capacity through this asana.
Eagle Pose (Garudasana)
Garudasana is basically a balancing pose that helps you to stretch out your shoulders, thighs and hips. It is very good for those who have kidney or prostate related disorders. It helps in supplying fresh blood and oxygen to the sex organs and pelvic region. Overall it helps in increasing sexual vitality.
How to perform ?
- Start with standing and balancing on your left foot. You have to take your right leg around your left leg and you have to bend your left knee so your standing foot will be bend, your standing knee will bend and your leg goes around.
- You have to curl your toes in so that it creates a lock. You have to focus on a point in front of you and find your balance. and then you cross your right hand around you left and join your palms together and place your palms at the center of your face.
- Focus on a point in front of you and stay there and hold the position as long as you can.
- Slowly release your hands and legs.
- Repeat with other leg.
Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
This pose is a backward bend asana, fantastic for your lower back. It stretches the chest, neck and spine. Stimulates abdominal organs and help relieve stress and anxiety. It tones the vagina thus improving orgasms, enhances sexual arousal. You will get benefit of improved ejaculation by practicing this pose regularly.
How to perform ?
- Quickly lie down on your back and bring your knees up and feet flat on the floor.
- Make sure that your foot is pointing towards the bottom of the mat and your knees are over your ankles.
- Start to shimmy your shoulders underneath you and clasp your arms underneath your pelvis. The side of the arm and feet being the base for this pose.
- Inhale and bring your pelvis up towards the sky
- make sure that your face is facing up towards the sky and your chin is not too close to your chest.
- Inhale and exhale 4-5 times in this position and feel those thighs working.
- Slowly move your pelvis down onto the ground bringing your shoulders out from underneath you.
Upward Facing Bow / Wheel Pose (Urdhva Dhanurasana)
Wheel pose is an intermediate/advanced backbend asana which gives flexibility to your spine. It is a wonderful energizer and heart opener. It helps in stimulating metabolism and is considered one of the best stretches for your hip flexors to help loosen up your muscles and give you relief. Practicing it daily will double the intensity of your orgasms.
How to perform ?
- Start by being reclined on your back. The entire time you are in this pose you want to keep the feet parallel to the sides of the mat. 2. from here you will bring the palms of the hands next to the ears and then on an inhale you have to press into the heels, press into the palms and come to the crown and line up again and then on the next inhale press all the way up.
- Once you are in the pose, you can walk your hands in slightly and draw your heart in chest forward.
- Go back to that four count breath, breathing in through the nose and exhaling out.
- After a few breaths exhale and come down and then slowly roll the spine out, one vertebra at a time.
Cat Pose (Marjaryasana) and Cow Pose (Bitilasana)
Cat-Cow is a simple and effective pose that warms the body and brings flexibility to the spine and helps in strengthening of the abdominal organs. Upon moving from one pose to another pose, pelvic muscles gets positively affected and strengthens your kegel muscles which results in intense orgasms. You will also be able to perform your favorite sex moves in a more flexible manner.
How to perform ?
- Start by bringing your body into tabletop position with your knees under your hips and hands under your shoulders, your back flat and parallel to the floor.
- The tops of your feet should be pressed into the mat, your fingers pointing forward with your palms on the floor. When you are ready, on an inhale roll your shoulders back, drop your belly down towards the floor and look up towards the ceiling to create a natural dip in the middle and lower back. This is called the cow pose.
- On an exhale move in to the cat pose by engaging your core to pull your middle and upper back up towards the ceiling, release the neck and look towards your navel . It might help to imagine a piece of string attached to your upper back, gently pulling it up. This is the cat pose.
- In simple terms when you move from cow to cat pose and then back again, your spine moves from a dip position to an arched position and your neck follows.
Boat pose. (Naukasana)
This beautiful pose is great for engaging the core and strengthening the hips. It is a seated asana that strengthens thighs, arms and shoulders. The boat pose strengthen your pelvic floor muscles and helps in the activation of the male sex hormones which eventually increases libido.
How to perform ?
- The first main thing to focus on is your back. Roll your shoulders back and lean back. As you keep leaning back you will feel like at one point you are going to topple and roll. But you don't want that to happen so roll your shoulders back and slowly lean all the way back, keeping your back strong and sturdy.
- From here as you inhale lift your legs slowly off the mats and keeping your upper body position straight right there. keep breathing normal breaths here.
- Inhale and lift your legs all the way up.
- Now if you want to hold your legs at this position you could always support your arms behind your thighs and if you want to leave the arms and still want to hold the posture then slowly release your arms to the size of the body and hold the posture.
- Slowly release and come back to normal position.
By regular practicing these yoga poses will surly help in increasing your libido. These yoga poses yet easy but start with supervision of experience yoga experts. You can easily learn these yoga poses by joining any yoga retreat or yoga teacher training courses. There are many other techniques available in yoga like Tantra Yoga which can also help in making love and relationships